Even of us who personal or lease their very own automobiles and use these rides for almost all of their journeys can often profit from ride-hailing companies like Uber and Lyft.
When you rely your self amongst them, you’ll come out forward whenever you use certainly one of these Uber-friendly playing cards as your default fee technique. The playing cards close to the highest of the listing deal with Uber followers higher, however in addition they carry excessive annual charges — a possible deal breaker for frugal cardholders who can’t take full benefit of their rewards applications and value-added perks. So take a while to assessment all of your choices.
Finest Credit score Playing cards for Uber Rides
For finest outcomes, select your most well-liked Uber card from this listing and designate it as your default Uber fee technique.
When you personal a small enterprise or earn ample earnings as a freelancer or solopreneur to qualify for a small-business bank card, designate your most well-liked enterprise card as your default fee technique for business-related journey (and ask your accountant whether or not mentioned journey qualifies for a self-employment tax deduction).
1. Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card
$300 Annual Credit score In opposition to Qualifying Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 50% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card is the very best bank card for frequent Uber rides for one easy purpose: Chase characterizes ridesharing fares and suggestions as journey purchases for the needs of its industry-leading $300 annual journey credit score.
When you make no different journey purchases together with your Sapphire Reserve card till you’ve spent $300 in Uber fares year-to-date, you rack up $300 in free Uber rides. Since Sapphire Reserve is an ultra-premium journey rewards bank card marketed to frequent vacationers, most cardholders don’t spend their whole journey credit score on ridesharing fares. However it’s good to have a lot leeway.
Even higher, when you’ve used up your $300 journey credit score, you’ll nonetheless earn 3 factors per $1 spent on Uber purchases. That’s a 4.5% fee of return whenever you redeem for journey bookings by way of the Chase Final Rewards journey portal.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Spend no less than $4,000 in qualifying purchases inside 3 months to earn 60,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That’s price as much as $900 when redeemed for airfare, lodges, and different journey purchases by way of the Chase Final Rewards portal.
- Incomes Rewards: After incomes your annual journey credit score, you’ll earn limitless 3 Final Rewards factors per $1 spent on journey and eating purchases worldwide. Uber rides are labeled as journey purchases. All different eligible purchases earn an infinite 1 Final Rewards level per $1 spent.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for journey bookings by way of the Chase Final Rewards portal, money again by way of checking account deposits and assertion credit, present playing cards, level of sale purchases with choose retailers (together with Amazon), and different choices. Factors are price $0.015 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for money.
- Key Charges: The annual price is $550, and there’s a $75 approved consumer price per extra consumer, per 12 months. There isn’t any overseas transaction price.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to a few dozen journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio. Get pleasure from complimentary airport lounge entry at greater than 1,000 Precedence Go lounges worldwide. Earn invaluable perks at high-end lodges and resorts worldwide, together with versatile check-in and complimentary room upgrades when obtainable
See our Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card assessment for extra data. Learn how to use for this card right here.
2. The Platinum Card® from American Categorical
As much as $200 in Uber Credit Per 12 months ($15 Per Month & $20 in December)
The Platinum Card® from American Categorical appeals on to Uber riders with a $15 month-to-month credit score (and an additional $20 credit score in December) in opposition to Uber fares paid with the cardboard.
In contrast with across-the-board journey credit calculated on a year-to-date foundation, the Platinum Card’s Uber credit demand extra intentionality. As a result of the credit score is capped at $15 monthly for 11 months out of the 12 months and the Platinum Card earns simply 1 level per $1 spent on Uber rides above the credit score threshold, you’ll wish to have a backup Uber fee technique when you plan to spend considerably greater than $15 monthly on ridesharing.
- Welcome Provide: Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® Factors after you spend $8,000 on purchases in your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and choose your most well-liked steel Card design: basic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 5 Membership Rewards factors per $1 spent on sure eligible journey purchases: flights booked straight with airways or by way of American Categorical Journey and pay as you go lodges booked by way of American Categorical Journey.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem Membership Rewards factors on the Membership Rewards portal for journey bookings, present playing cards, money again, common merchandise, and particular experiences supplied by Amex companions. Redemption minimums typically begin at 1,000 factors, and factors are often price $0.005 to $0.01 apiece at redemption. Journey redemptions supply the very best worth.
- Key Charges: The annual price is $695. There’s no approved consumer price or overseas transaction price. See rates & fees for extra data.
- Different Perks: Along with the $200 annual Uber credit score, there’s a $200 annual airline price credit score that’s good in opposition to purchases with the airline of your alternative. Different advantages embrace complimentary entry to greater than 1,000 airport lounges worldwide, particular perks and advantages at a few of the world’s most luxurious lodges, and computerized Gold and Gold Elite loyalty standing with Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy, respectively.
See our Platinum Card® from American Categorical assessment for extra data. Study extra about this card and learn how to use right here.
3. Chase Ink Enterprise Most popular Credit score Card
3x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
Just like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, the Chase Ink Enterprise Most popular Credit score Card earns 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible journey purchases, together with ridesharing fares. The distinction is that the 3x incomes fee on journey purchases tops out at $150,000 in mixed class purchases per 12 months, after which journey purchases earn 1 level per $1 spent.
That mentioned, except you’ve gotten loads of globe-trotting workers, you’re most likely not going to rack up $150,000 in Uber fees every year in your small-business bank card.
Factors earned by way of Uber spending with the Ink Enterprise Most popular card are price $0.0125 when redeemed for journey bookings on the Chase Final Rewards portal. That’s a 3.75% return on spending. Factors transferred to collaborating journey companions might earn an excellent increased return, relying on the redemption technique.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Whenever you spend no less than $8,000 in eligible purchases inside 3 months of opening your account, you earn 100,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That is price $1,250 when redeemed for journey purchases, and $1,000 when redeemed for money again or common merchandise.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3 factors per $1 spent on journey (together with Uber and different ridesharing fares), transport, communications, and sure digital promoting purchases, as much as an annual mixed spending restrict of $150,000. Earn an infinite 1 level per $1 spent on all the things else, together with favored class purchases above the cap.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for Chase Final Rewards journey bookings, money again, present playing cards, level of sale purchases with Amazon and different retailers, and extra. Factors are price $0.0125 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for many different choices.
- Key Charges: The annual price is $95. There isn’t any overseas transaction price or price for extra approved customers.
- Different Perks: Switch factors to a few dozen Chase journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio, doubtlessly magnifying factors’ worth considerably. Get pleasure from journey insurance coverage and different journey protections, together with journey interruption and cancellation protection.
See our Chase Ink Enterprise Most popular Credit score Card assessment for extra data. Learn how to use for this card right here.
4. Chase Sapphire Most popular® Card
2x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Most popular® Card is the junior cousin to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. Whereas Sapphire Most popular isn’t fairly as beneficiant, it nonetheless earns 2 factors per $1 spent on Uber fares and presents a pleasant worth increase on journey redemptions: 25% over the $0.01-per-point baseline for money redemptions. That’s a 2.5% return on Uber spending. Factors transferred to collaborating journey companions might earn an excellent increased return on spending, relying on how they’re redeemed.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus factors, price as much as $750 on journey bought by way of Final Rewards, whenever you spend no less than $4,000 inside 3 months.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible eating purchases. Earn limitless 2 factors per $1 spent on qualifying journey purchases, together with Uber fares. Earn limitless 1 level per $1 on all different eligible purchases.
- Redeeming Rewards: One of the simplest ways to redeem is for journey bookings made by way of the Chase Final Rewards journey portal. This selection values factors at $0.0125 apiece. Different redemption choices, all of which worth factors at $0.01 apiece, embrace present playing cards, money again, and purchases with choose service provider companions (together with Amazon).
- Key Charges: The annual price is $95. There’s no price for extra approved customers and no overseas transaction price.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to collaborating journey companions (a few dozen in all) at a beneficiant 1-to-1 ratio.
See our Chase Sapphire Most popular® Card assessment for extra data. Learn how to use for this card right here.
5. Apple Card
3% Money Again on Uber Purchases Made Utilizing Apple Pay
Apple Card is a special sort of bank card, and it’s price studying our full assessment (linked beneath) for extra on precisely what which means. Whenever you make purchases with the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats app utilizing Apple Pay, you’ll earn 3% money again, mechanically redeemed to your account every day.
- Signal-Up Bonus: There’s presently no sign-up bonus. Examine the issuer’s web site for the most recent bonus particulars.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3% money again on purchases made with Apple, together with any merchandise or companies on the Apple Retailer, Apple.com, the App Retailer, or iTunes. Earn 3% money again on choose Apple Pay purchases, together with these made by way of the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats apps.
- Redeeming Rewards: Money again is mechanically redeemed to your account each day.
- Key Charges: There isn’t any annual price or overseas transaction price.
- Different Perks: Apple Card has novel interest-reduction options and different perks not widespread within the bank card world.
See our Apple Card assessment for extra data. Study extra about this card and learn how to use right here.
6. Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card
2x Factors on All Eligible Purchases, Together with Uber Fares
The Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card is likely one of the hottest journey rewards bank cards in the marketplace. Its rewards program delivers limitless 2 factors on each buy, each day, together with on Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats purchases. That provides as much as a 2% fee of return on Uber spending whenever you redeem factors for assertion credit in opposition to prior journey purchases.
- Early Spend Bonus: Earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $4,000 on the cardboard inside 3 months from account opening. That is price $750 in journey bills at redemption.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 2 miles per $1 spent on most purchases, together with all purchases with Uber apps. For a restricted time, earn 10 miles per $1 spent on purchases at lodges.com/enterprise.
- Redeeming Rewards: One of the simplest ways to redeem is for assertion credit in opposition to prior journey purchases at a per-point fee of $0.01. Partial redemptions are allowed. Different redemption choices embrace present playing cards, common assertion credit, and merchandise, all at variable level values.
- Introductory APR: None.
- Key Charges: The $95 annual price is waived through the first 12 months. There isn’t any overseas transaction price.
- Different Perks: Get pleasure from $100 off your World Entry or TSA PreCheck software price, plus a bunch of procuring and journey advantages, together with prolonged warranties and automobile rental protection.
See our Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card assessment for extra data. Study extra about this card and learn how to use right here.
Methodology: How We Choose the Finest Uber Credit score Playing cards
The very best bank cards for Uber rides additionally are typically the very best bank cards for different forms of journey purchases. However every card on this listing has some necessary options and capabilities in widespread. These are a very powerful ones we thought of when placing it collectively.
Reward Price for Native Transportation Purchases
Uber purchases qualify as native transportation purchases, a service provider code that additionally encompasses public transit, tolls, parking charges, and associated bills. Most bank card rewards applications deal with all native transportation purchases the identical, and we glance out for those who reward them above and past most different forms of purchases.
Reward Price on Complementary Purchases
We additionally take a look at how bank cards reward purchases that naturally complement ride-hailing purchases and native transportation purchases basically. Crucial complementary classes for frequent Uber customers are restaurant (eating) and common journey purchases, since many individuals use ride-hailing companies once they’re out in town or touring removed from dwelling.
New Cardmember Bonus
Many of the playing cards on this listing supply enticing bonuses for brand new cardmembers. That’s no accident, as the very best Uber bank cards (and the very best journey bank cards basically) are typically beneficiant on this entrance.
The decrease the annual price, the higher. However bank cards with no annual charges in any respect have a tendency to not be as beneficiant as these with recurring levies. The place potential, we favor playing cards with low or no annual charges, with costlier-but-more-generous playing cards shut behind.
The very best Uber bank cards have a great deal of perks and advantages for frequent vacationers. Few supply direct advantages for Uber riders past the reward fee, however those who do get favored therapy in our evaluation. In any other case, the extra worth a card presents for vacationers, the upper it’s prone to be on this listing.
Uber Credit score Card FAQs
When you’re nonetheless not sure about what to anticipate out of your subsequent Uber-friendly bank card, we have now solutions to some widespread questions.
Do You Want Good Credit score to Get an Uber Credit score Card?
Not essentially. Nonetheless, basically, premium journey rewards bank cards require good or glorious credit score, together with many playing cards on this listing. When you’ve got restricted credit score historical past or your FICO rating is far beneath 700, you’ll have hassle qualifying for these playing cards.
What Are the Finest Uber Credit score Playing cards With out Annual Charges?
Unhappy to say, the very best Uber bank cards have annual charges, generally in extra of $250. The very best Uber bank card with out an annual price is the Apple Card.
How Do Credit score Card Firms Categorize Uber Fares?
Uber fares virtually at all times qualify as common journey or native transportation purchases. Many bank cards particularly reward native transportation purchases, but when yours doesn’t, verify the superb print on its rewards program to see if ride-hailing purchases qualify as common journey.
Do These Credit score Playing cards Reward Purchases With Uber Eats and Postmates?
Some do, however not as a part of the native transportation class. Purchases with Uber Eats and Postmates, each of that are owned by Uber, usually qualify as restaurant or eating purchases. If you wish to earn bonus factors or miles on them, select a card that favors restaurant or eating spending or a card that favors a sure fee technique, like Apple Card does with Apple Pay.
Is the Shopper Uber Credit score Card Nonetheless Round?
No, the Uber client bank card is now not obtainable. Whereas that is little doubt disappointing to Uber followers, this listing exhibits simply what number of alternate options there are for rewarding Uber rides. And when you drive for Uber, you possibly can benefit from the newer Uber Pro Card, a enterprise debit Mastercard that provides rewards and perks for ride-hailing drivers.
Whereas the very best all-around Uber card is the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, thanks primarily to the beneficiant $300 journey credit score, the Platinum Card from American Categorical isn’t a nasty alternative both when you can preserve your Uber spending at or close to $15 monthly.
When you spend greater than $200 to $300 monthly on Uber rides, there’s no purpose to cease at one card. Credit score-qualified Uber lovers can declare as much as $500 in Uber credit per 12 months by rotating their Uber spending by way of these two premium journey rewards bank cards — although, in apply, Uber spending received’t account for many Chase Sapphire Reserve customers’ whole journey credit score allowance.